Website Privacy Policies
Why Are Website Privacy Policies Important?
Most jurisdictions – locally, nationally and internationally have privacy laws in place to protect the Personally Identifiable Information of their citizens e.g.
- EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- EU ePrivacy Directive
- The UK Data Protection Act 2018
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
- Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act of Canada (PIPEDA)
Note: The United States does not have an all encompassing national privacy law though there are a number of sector and state specific privacy and data security laws at the federal level. Additional privacy laws are in place at local level.
Each jurisdiction levies fines for data breaches and non compliance – in some US states fines can reach $2,500-$7,500 per website visitor.
How To Stay Compliant And Protected
With more and more privacy laws on the horizon, we advise all of our clients to;
- Have a strategy to keep all your policies up to date with newly required disclosures
If you do not have the budget to hire a privacy attorney or solicitor to create and keep your policies up to date, we recommend using Termageddon.
If Termageddon sounds like a good solution for your business, the license costs $99/year (approximately £80 at the time of writing). We (Hosting & Design) charge a one-time setup fee of $100 (or £90) to:
- create the policy pages
- insert/test the code to ensure your policies stay up to date with changes to applicable law.
You will have full access to your policies with your own Termageddon account and will be notified:
- when new laws go into effect
- when your policies are being updated
- when new disclosures require additional questions that need to be answered.
Website Policies Waiver
We will present you with options that are available for your policies including Terms & Conditions and how we can help you to implement them.
IF IN DOUBT, REACH OUT
We’re here to help with any queries you may have.